06 juni 2009

Lovely Phillip

LaRue,
the magnificent music-making-brother-sister-duo.
Unfortunately, well... probably not for them, they stopped making music when they both got married, before I ever got the chance to see them playing live.

What followed was silence...

Until now!

Luckily Phillip LaRue decided to not let his marriage stop him making music and he picked up his guitar again and wrote new songs, resulting in his solo album 'Let The Road Pave Itself'. (Inspiring title isn't it?)

An album filled with moving songs, songs you could've written yourself but couldn't have written yourself. And lyrics, so beautiful! Check out these following lines;

Don't tell me you're not beautiful,
don't lie to yourself like that
Look in my eyes, all I see is love...ly


Definitely love...ly!

Oh, and how I missed his beautiful voice.

Apparently you don't miss some things until you find them again...

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Wauw, dat is inderdaad een mooie tekst!

    *zoekt gelijk het album erbij.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. "An album filled with moving songs, songs you could've written yourself but couldn't have written yourself." I like that. I'm gonna check him out!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen